Distributed Power Generation
Global demand for power generation equipment is rapidly evolving from large, long-cycle, generating stations developed by public utilities to decentralized, rapidly deployed, renewable and natural gas-fueled plants. Engineered, ASG Connectorized cabling plays a vital role enabling fast, reliable, and economical field interconnect and start-up of your power system.
Whether the underlying driver is disaster recovery, peak shaving, supply balancing, localization of generation, temporary power, or base power generation rapid and problem-free start-up means higher, faster returns. The local power, instrumentation and control interconnect is a huge investment in time and money. Standard design, modular turbine, wind, solar, and diesel engine power sources are displacing the large, custom- built plants of the past. Interconnects are designed and factory- produced to facilitate economical, rapid, problem-free site start-ups.
ASG provides Connectorized cable assemblies for a diverse array of applications in the distributed power industry:
- Multi-conductor instrumentation and control cables up to xxx leads in a single connection.
- Power up to yyy Amps,
- 120-600V for air handling, pumping, valve actuation, and other power applications.
- Hybrid assemblies delivering power and instrumentation/ control in a single harness.
- Hybrid optical and electrical assemblies.
- Industrial and explosion-proof rated applications.
- Conventional and LSZH insulation.
- Fully shielded and validated assemblies for high electrical noise isolation/ CE requirements.
Our cable assembles are produced under AS9100 and ISO 9001: 2008 quality processes. Test procedures can be tailored to the application but typically include 100% pin-out, resistance, and isolation testing/ certification. Where required we provide lot or serial number control for downstream documentation. ASG technicians are certified to IPC-A-620 standards and ASG engineering design and manufacturing complies with all applicable standards for the appropriate industry.
ASG specializes in delivering the high mix, high quality, and/ or short cycle requirements of customers for both standard products and custom projects. Manufactured in our facility in Central Connecticut, we have an extensive connector/ cable inventory and control all aspects of the supply chain/ assembly/ test process to deliver the product you require, when you require it, on time. We also provide custom packaging, labeling, and assembly instructions to facilitate efficient panel and field installation.
Typical Co-generation sub-systems:
- Power turbine
- Engine base
- Fuel control module
- Ignition system
- Lube oil system
- Hydraulic start system
- Hydraulic control oil system
- Bleed air system
- Buffer air system
- Ventilation air system
- Off-line water wash system
- Fire protection system
Because these systems are meant to be deployed quickly, a Connectorized cable approach offers several benefits to significantly reduce field commissioning time:
- Less Dependence on skilled technical resources than hard-wiring
- Pre-tested/configured cables prevent miss-wiring
- Reduces possibility of safety Issues
- Reduces possibility of damage to equipment
- Easier system troubleshooting as wiring errors are eliminated as a cause
- Rapid disconnection and re-connection of sub-systems
ASG products are manufactured to AS-9100 quality standards. ASG technicians are certified to IPC-A-620 standards and ASG engineering design and manufacturing complies with all applicable standards for the appropriate industry. For more information on our quality programs click here.